DEADLINE HAS PASSED
The European Youth Press (EYP) is seeking a highly motivated and experienced person to fill the position of Secretary General.
The selected candidate will be requested to work full-time for EYP at our secretariat in Brussels and is, under the guidance of the executive board, responsible for:
- The co-management, organisation and implementation of EYP projects, workshops, seminar, campaigns and other EYP-related activities;
- External representation at different events, organisations and political institutions in the Brussels area;
- External communication and support for Member Organisations of the EYP;
- The administration of the organisation, including basic financial management together with the book-keeper and treasurer;
- Identifying and writing grant and project proposals;
- Daily office work, including the supervision of EYP interns
In addition, the ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in project management and administration;
- Experience in non-governmental organisations, preferably on a European level;
- Basic knowledge of finances and book-keeping;
- Experience in writing grant applications, ideally for EU grants;
- Excellent written and spoken command of English knowledge of other languages, in particular French, is an asset;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and be familiar with online communication
- A strong interest in the media, prior experience in media making is desirable;
- At least a Bachelor degree
The candidate should show flexibility, personal commitment and motivation in supporting activities organised by the EYP. Further we wish for the candidate to be a team player and have experience in managing multicultural and multilingual teams. Acquaintance with the work of the EYP of desirable. We offer an interesting and international working environment in a small, young and efficient team with flexible and independent work. In addition we offer the opportunity of participating in the many projects that the EYP organises throughout the year. Monthly gross pay is 2,400€. Starting date as soon as possible.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com (Subject: Application Secretary General) until
22 July 2014, 23:59 CET. DEADLINE HAS PASSED.
A complete application should include:
- A motivational letter (max 500 words)
- A CV including two references (max two (2) pages)
- A proposal for a project that would fit within the mandate of EYP, including potential funding possibilities (max 500 words)
Please note that we will only consider applications written in English. Any questions about the position can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
NB! This is not an employment contract; only registered freelancers with a legal proof of this status are eligible to apply for this call.