European Youth Press (EYP), network of young media makers, is seeking a highly-motivated and experienced person for the position of Secretary General. This person will be employed on a full time basis (8h/day, 40/week) and paid a monthly gross salary according to the labor law of the Federal Republic of Germany. Social and health security as well as income tax deposits will be paid by EYP in Germany. Place of work will be place or residence of the employee.
Selected candidate’s duties will be:
- Co-management, organisation and implementation of EYP projects, workshops, seminar, campaigns and other EYP-related activities.
- Financial administration for the organistation, including bookkeeping, in accordance to laws and regulations of Federal Republic of Germany and EU.
- Financial and administrative reporting to the grant giving foundations and institutions, in accordance with regulations of the foundations and institutions.
- External representation of EYP at different events, organisations and institutions.
- Identifying and writing grant and project proposals in communication with the board.
- Regular, daily basis, communication with the board of EYP.
- Daily office work – including office mail and email, communication with the board on daily issues.
In addition, ideal candidate should have:
- Experience in fund raising – project writing and sponsorship search.
- Experience in project management and administration.
- Experience in non-governmental organisations, preferably on a European level.
- Basic knowledge of finances and book-keeping.
- Experience in writing grant applications, ideally for EU grants.
- Excellent written and spoken command of English knowledge
- At least basic knowledge of German is an asset. Knowledge of other languages, in particular French, is very welcome.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and be familiar with online communication.
- A strong interest in the media, prior experience in media making is desirable.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree.
The candidate should show flexibility, personal commitment and motivation in supporting activities organised by the EYP. Further we wish for the candidate to be a team player and have experience in managing multicultural and multilingual teams. Previous acquaintance with the work of EYP of desirable. We offer an interesting and international working environment in a small, young and efficient team with flexible and independent work.
Application that will be taken in account should include:
- A motivational letter (max 500 words).
- A CV including two references (max two pages).
- A proposal for a project that would fit within the mandate of EYP.
Please note that we will only consider applications written in English.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com (Subject: Application Secretary General) until July 10, 2015 at 23:59 CET. Applications submitted later will not be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an online interview. All applicants will be notified about the selection results.