Deadline: 29 December, 2019
The European Youth Press (EYP), network of young media makers, is seeking person to become a Project Coordinator of an international event in Moscow and Perm (Russia) in April 2020. The position is voluntary. The project aims at strengthening permanent connections between the Russian and European young media makers. It contributes to professional quality media making, as well as human rights and pluralism.
The project will consist of two main parts: training courses (seminars and workshops organized in Moscow and Perm and led by trainers from each partner organization as well as by the Russian journalists) and the production of various media (e-book and printed magazine). The participants (total number of 50) will represent various cultural backgrounds and come from different countries, such as Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, Romania, Slovakia, Sweden, the Russian Federation, Italy and Bulgaria.
The ideal candidate:
- Is under 30 years of age
- Speaks fluent English, knowledge of Russian is a strong asset
- Is available for a travel to Perm, Russia from April 15 to April 25, 2020
- Has experience in project management
- Has ability to work with tight deadlines, excels in time management
- Has suitable administrative skills
- Is ready to work remotely, shows flexibility and self-discipline
- Can devote up to 6 hours weekly from January 1 until the end of the project (beginning of May 2020)
Good intercultural communications skills and knowledge about media skills are an asset.
The Project Coordinator will participate in all the parts of the trip to Russia (including e.g. visits to media outlets, museums and meetings with organizations and). Travel costs and accommodation will be reimbursed.
Applications must include a CV and a cover letter, no longer than one A4 page.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, 29th of December 2019 (23:59 CET), subject line: PERM PROJECT COORDINATOR.