Deadline: 20 June 2020
European Youth Press (EYP), a network of young media makers, is seeking a highly-motivated and experienced person for the position of Office Manager/Fundraiser. When applicable, the candidate may also have project management responsibilities.
The person will be employed on a part-time basis (4h/day, 20h/week), starting in July 2020 and paid a monthly gross salary of 1200 Euros, according to the labor law of the Federal Republic of Germany. Social and health security as well as income tax deposits will be paid by EYP in Germany. The placement is flexible and travels are possible.
The selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Identifying and writing grant and project proposals in communication with the Executive Board;
- Actively looking for additional funding through sponsorships, advertisements;
- Drafting a fundraising strategy for European Youth Press;
- Developing new and imaginative fundraising activities;
- Developing and coordinating web-based fundraising;
- Financial administration for the organisation, including bookkeeping, in accordance with laws and regulations of Federal Republic of Germany and EU;
- Financial and administrative reporting to the grant giving foundations and institutions, in accordance with regulations of the foundations and institutions;
- Co-management, organisation and implementation of the EYP projects, workshops, seminars, campaigns and other EYP-related activities;
- Daily office work – including office mail and email, communication with the Executive Board on daily issues;
- External communication and support for Member Organisations of the EYP.
In addition, the ideal candidate should have:
- Extensive experience in fundraising – project writing and sponsorship search;
- Extensive experience in project management and administration;
- Experience in non-governmental organisations, preferably on a European level;
- Basic knowledge of finances and bookkeeping;
- Experience in writing grant applications, ideally for EU and European grants;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Excellent command of written and spoken English. At least, basic knowledge of German is an asset. Knowledge of German or French language is an asset.
Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and being familiar with online communication tools (Slack) are welcomed. A strong interest in the media, or prior experiences with youth organisations are a big asset.
The candidate should show flexibility, personal commitment and motivation in supporting activities organised by the EYP. Further we wish for the candidate to be a team player and have experience in managing multicultural and multilingual teams. Previous acquaintance with the work of the EYP is desirable. We offer an interesting and international working environment in a small, young and efficient team, with flexible and independent work.
Application that will be taken in account should include:
- A motivation letter (max 500 words).
- CV including two references (max two pages).
- A proposal for a project that would fit within the mandate of EYP.
Please note that we will only consider applications written in English. Any questions about the position can be directed to email@example.com.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (please mention in the Subject line: Application Office Manager) until June 20, 2020 at 23:59 CET. Applications submitted later will not be considered.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an online interview. All applicants will be notified about the selection results.