Deadline: 26 February 2016
The Communications Service of the European University Institute, based in Florence (Italy) is looking for one journalist to carry out the following daily tasks:
- Write and report on EUI academic activities and EUI special events;
- Assist the EUI web team in the development of online media content, including online advertising campaigns and social media;
- Monitor international media;
- Edit a range of texts by Institute staff, including webpages, official announcements and internal reports;
- Assist in project management and websites run by the Communications Service;
- Occasional photography and involvement in producing videos and podcasts.
The duration of the traineeship is 12 months. The first three months of which constitute a trial period. Full time (Monday to Friday).
From May 2016 to May 2017 Conditions for Eligibility Candidates must:
- A) Be nationals of a European Union member state, or of a candidate country which benefits from a pre-accession strategy (nationals of non-member states may be accepted depending on resources available);
- B) Are studying for a first (post-secondary education) degree and are in the process of obtaining the qualification; OR
C) Are involved in a vocational training programme; OR
D) Have obtained the above (B or C) qualification, no longer than 18 months prior to the beginning of the traineeship;
- E) Have a thorough knowledge of English (native speaker or equivalent certified level, C2). Knowledge of another European language may be an advantage but this is not a requirement (it should be taken into account that English, French and Italian are the main working languages at the EUI).
- Applicants with a degree in journalism and/or proven work experience in the field of journalism are especially encouraged to apply;
- Excellent communication and writing skills;
- Good time management and organisational skills;
- Ability to work in an international team.
- Previous experience in the field of journalism;
- Social media experience.
- Maintenance grants of 1.280 Euros per month;
- A discount of 40 per cent at the EUI canteen;
- Travel cost reimbursement for the journey to Italy and final return trip is provided.
Please send: a) CV; b) cover letter; c) up to 5 writing samples to the email: email@example.com , putting in the subject line: Application for Journalist Traineeship.