Deadline: 1 March, 2022, at 23:59 CET
European Youth Press (EYP) is a network of youth media organisations in Europe. As a not-for-profit organisation, it works to build a society where empowered young media makers are actively participating and contributing to the public sphere by creating fair, independent and responsible media, fostering the development of democracy, international development and a sustainable future. The organisation aslo aims to bring innovation in teaching and learning to our key stakeholders: young media makers, schools, teachers, researchers, and industry partners.
As an international organisation, that works in the field of multilingual education, we coordinate several projects that are translated into different languages. Therefore, we always strive to have an extensive and holistic pool of freelance translators and proofreaders, contributors to educational courses.
EYP is now looking for new contributors to educational courses, freelance translators and proofreaders that would like to be included in this pool and have enough availability to receive monthly assignments throughout the year. More precisely, we are looking for professionals that can translate from English into German and French.
Are you interested in translating digital educational content? Do not hesitate to apply!
What will be your tasks?
- As a course contributor, you agree to receive assignments to create educational courses in the fields of journalists’ education, culture, data and media literacy, science, EU funded projects and innovation.
- As a freelance translator or proofreader, you agree to receive translation or proofreading assignments in the fields of journalists’ education, culture, data and media literacy, science, EU funded projects and innovation.
What are we looking for?
– Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Education, Journalism, Communications, PR or minimum 2 years of experience in educational course creation.
– Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Translation or minimum 2 years of experience in translating from English into your mother tongue (preferable German and French).
– Experience in subtitling
– Experience in using CMS (content management system) programmes
– Experience in translating from and into English
– Experience in translating documents, online resources, educational content, especially related to EU funded projects in the following areas: journalists’ education, culture, data and media literacy, science and innovation
– Experience in the creation of educational materials and online courses
– Experience in proofreading
– Experience in translating different documents’ formats (Word documents, Excel files, HTML code, etc.)
Do you meet the above-mentioned criteria and do you want to work on different educational projects?
The salary is negotiable based on the applicant’s experience. A freelancer contract will be signed with the person/s, who will be compensated based on the number of hours worked on a monthly basis.
Send us an email attaching your updated CV and 2 samples of German or French translation from previous employers or clients, based on the language you are native.
Please submit your application by providing the above-mentioned documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com (please mention in the Subject line: Pool of freelance countributors to educational courses) until March 1, 2022 at 23:59 CET. Applications submitted later will not be considered.
Once the recruitment period ends, EYP will evaluate the applications and will notify the candidates if they have been selected or not and to give further instructions in order to start our collaboration.
Please note that we will not be able to enter into correspondence with candidates who are unsuccessful as to the reasons why their applications were not retained.
This call does not represent a legal commitment by EYP to request any particular service or services from any applicant. The call may be cancelled, re-issued, or extended by EYP for any business reason.