Deadline: October 31, 2020
The European Youth Press (EYP), network of young media makers, is seeking minimum one (1) and a maximum of four (4) new members and a Treasurer to join the Executive Board for the 2020/2022-mandate period. The elections will take place at the General Assembly of the European Youth Press on the 31st of October 2020, which will be held online.
The board membership is honorary and home-based. Each board member takes on several key responsibilities of the organisation, in consultation with his/her fellow board members, the member organisations of the EYP and the secretariat. The board members are responsible for taking and implementing all major decisions within the organisation, supervising tasks and stepping in as project coordinators of some of the main projects of the EYP.
According to the statutes of the organisation, the board members must be under the age of 30 years when they commence their duties.
The ideal candidate:
- Is familiar with the structure and functions of the European Youth Press;
- Is interested or experienced in one or several following topics: Project Management, Fundraising, Internal or External Communication
- Has been previously a part of EYP projects;
- Has been an active member of one of the Member Organisations of the EYP;
- Has experience in project management;
- Has a background in media making;
- Has the possibility to dedicate at least 10 working hours per week to the EYP;
- Has a very good working knowledge of English;
- Has good communication, team-management and organising skills;
- Is proactive;
- Has worked in multicultural and multilingual teams;
- Is available to travel at least three times per year, in order to attend EYP-related events, such as board meetings, conferences and trainings in accordance with the upcoming COVID restrictions
Applications or nominations should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Satuday, 31st of October 2020 (23.59 CET), subject line: BOARD CANDIDATE.
Applications must include a CV and a brief cover letter, no longer than one A4 page. In addition, candidates should include a short SWOT analysis of the organization and its activities based on their experience and research. An endorsement letter from one of our member organisations (MOs) is highly recommended.
Interviews will be held by the Election Committee in October, in preparation for the General Assembly of the European Youth Press, which will be held on the 31st of October 2020.
Should you have any questions about what being a Board member and/or Treasurer entails, please don’t hesitate to contact the current board coordinator Jonathan Hendrickx, email@example.com.
For general questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.