Deadline: November 5, 2021
The European Youth Press (EYP), network of young media makers, is seeking minimum four (4) and a maximum of six (6) new members and a Treasurer to join the Executive Board for the 2021/2023-mandate period. The elections will take place at the General Assembly of the European Youth Press on the 7th of November 2021, which will be held in Thessaloniki, Greece.
The board membership is honorary and home-based. Each board member takes on several key responsibilities of the organisation, in consultation with his/her fellow board members, the member organisations of the EYP and the secretariat. The board members are responsible for taking and implementing all major decisions within the organisation, supervising tasks and stepping in as project coordinators of some of the main projects of the EYP.
According to the statutes of the organisation, the board members must be under the age of 30 years when they commence their duties.
The ideal candidate:
- is familiar with the structure and functions of the European Youth Press;
- is interested or experienced in one or several following topics: Project Management, Fundraising, Internal or External Communication
- has been previously a part of EYP projects;
- has been an active member of one of the Member Organisations of the EYP;
- has experience in international project management;
- has a background in media making and training;
- has the possibility to dedicate at least 10 working hours per week to the EYP;
- has a very good working knowledge of English;
- has good communication, team-management and organising skills;
- is proactive;
- has previously worked in multicultural and multilingual teams;
- is available to travel at least three times per year, in order to attend EYP-related events, such as board meetings, conferences and trainings in accordance with the COVID-19 pandemic related travel restrictions
Applications or nominations should be sent to email@example.com by Friday, 5th of November 2021 (23.59 CET), subject line: BOARD CANDIDATE.
Applications must include a CV and a brief cover letter, no longer than one A4 page. In addition, candidates should include a short SWOT analysis of the organization and its activities based on their experience and research. An endorsement letter from one of our member organisations (MOs) is highly recommended. The list and contact information of the member organsatioans can be found on the website.
Interviews will be held by the General Assembly. The candidate will be interviewed via an online video conversation platform on Sunday, the 7th of November. The candidate will be contacted with specific information no later than the 6th of November.
Should you have any questions about what being a Board member and/or Treasurer entails, please don’t hesitate to contact the current board members Anna Majholm (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Harutyun Tsatryan (email@example.com).
For general questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.