Deadline: 16 November 2022, 23:59 CET
European Youth Press (EYP), an umbrella organization of young media makers, is seeking new members to join the Advisory Board for a two-year mandate (2023-2025). The membership is voluntary and home-based. The Advisory Board has the main task of assisting and guiding the Executive Board upon the latter’s request. The elections will take place at European Youth Press’ annual General Assembly, to be held on 19 & 20 November 2022 in Antwerp, Belgium.
The ideal candidate has the following mandatory qualifications and skills:
- Being familiar with the structure and functions of European Youth Press;
- Having a background in media and journalism-related content production and/or training;
- Having a good or excellent command of English as a working language;
- The ability and willingness to voluntarily dedicate at least 5 working hours per month to EYP;
- A keen interest in working in a very international environment with people from different backgrounds.
The ideal candidate has the following desired qualifications and skills:
- Having prior working experience as a member of EYP-related projects and/or partnerships;
- Having prior working experience at one of EYP’s Member Organisations;
- Having prior working experience in multicultural and multilingual teams.
Important things to note:
- When you apply and do not represent one of our Member Organizations during the General Assembly 2022, you will be invited to attend the GA with all your EYP-related travel, accommodation and meal costs, within reason, reimbursed or covered by EYP.
The Advisory Board exists of maximum 7 members.
How to apply:
- Send an email to Executive Board Member Jonathan Hendrickx (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Wednesday, 16 November 2022, 23:59 CET. The email should have Advisory Board Candidate as the subject line and contain a recent CV and a one-page cover letter outlining your vision for and tasks within (the Advisory Board of) EYP. Additionally, an endorsement letter from one of our Member Organizations is highly recommended.
- Interviews will be held during the General Assembly, in person or online. During the GA, the Member Organizations vote for the best candidates. The results will be announced no later than Sunday 20 November 2022.
Should you have any questions about what being an Advisory Board Member entails, please don’t hesitate to contact current Executive Board member Jonathan Hendrickx (email@example.com).