The European Youth Press (EYP) is a network of young media makers. The EYP believes in a free and inclusive society that upholds human rights, where unbiased, well-informed and mindful media makers and activists, along with independent and professional media empower and inspire the engagement of well-informed citizens.
Our network is gathering think-alike youth civil society organizations around Europe, focused on media and empowerment of young journalists, which share same dedication to human rights and to the crucial role that media makers have in societies. United around common goals, our diverse network is committed to capacity building within profession, as well as to wider advocacy processes on different decision-making levels. Though many of our opportunities and activities are open in their character, education oriented towards membership, as well as their participation and cooperation are prioritized in relation to recognized common needs from local to international level.
In the light of the General Assembly of the organisation, which will take place on 25-26 of November 2017 in Antwerp, Belgium, the EYP reminds of possibility of joining its network, by filling in the Membership Application Form.
Potential member organisations should meet the following criteria:
- Being officially registered and working at a national level;
Potential Full Members of the European Youth press should be registered for at least one year at the time of application. Otherwise, organizations can apply for the statute of Observer Members. After one year of Observer Member statute, at the decision of the General Assembly, the organization can upgrade its statute to Full Member.
- Being politically neutral
- Abiding by democratic and anti-racism and anti-discrimination principles
- Being youth-led (governing bodies under 35 years old)
- Having a membership of which the majority is under 35 years of age
- Having media as main field of focus and interest
For more details about the membership procedure, please visit the EYP website.
The interested organisations are kindly asked to submit their application by Sunday, 5th of November 2017 (23:59CET) to the address email@example.com, subject line: MEMBER ORGANISATION.
The following information must be submitted in English as well as in the original language:
- Statutes/ Constitution, or any other legal document governing how your organization functions
- Proof of registration (document according to state law, including date of registration, status of registration, jurisdiction)
- Current work plan if available, other documentation of the work of the applicant organization (maximum 2 A4 pages)
- Filled in application form
- A report of the activities and projects of the applicant organization of at least the past year
- A list of the members of the highest decision-making body of the organization, their roles, age and contact details (e-mail address, Skype ID, mobile number)
- A written statement that your organization fully accepts the statutes and aims of the European Youth Press
All documents should be sent in one package. Once the documents have been received, you will be sent a confirmation of receipt.
Should you have any questions about the membership procedure, please contact Catalina Dumbraveanu, Executive Board member: firstname.lastname@example.org