European Youth Press – Network of Young Media Makers, e.V. (EYP) is seeking a motivated part-time communication officer. This person will be hired on a part-time freelance basis (up to 50 hours/month), starting March 2016, and paid a hourly gross salary of 16 Euros. Preferable place of work will be Brussels or Berlin.
In order to apply, the candidate should have an experience in media and be a student or a recent graduate in relevant field of study to the announced position (journalism, media and communication, PR).
The Communication officer will work on the communication and dissemination of the YouthMetre project. S/he will report to the project supervisor and EYP Executive Board. Among her/his tasks will be an implementation and updating of the communication and dissemination strategy, development of promotional materials, including videos, together with project supervisor and graphic designer, updating website, writing press-releases, articles and blog-posts, attending various events in Brussels or Berlin and promoting the YouthMetre during them.
- Demonstrated experience of 2-3 years in field of journalism, media and communication or PR;
- Experience in non-governmental organisations, preferably at the European level;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Experience in communication strategy development and implementation;
- Organised and able to fulfill his/her tasks independently;
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is a plus;
- Knowledge of German or French language is an asset;
- At least a Bachelor’s degree.
The candidate should show flexibility, personal commitment and motivation in supporting activities organised by the EYP. Further we wish for the candidate to be a team player and have experience in managing multicultural and multilingual teams.
What we offer:
- An interesting and international working environment in a small, young and efficient team, with flexible and independent working schedule;
- A part-time position in Brussels or Berlin on a freelance basis;
- The possibility to work independently and the opportunity to participate in some of European Youth Press’ events across Europe;
- The possibility to create, update and enhance innovative and forward-looking (social) media channels of the YouthMetre project;
- The possibility to be part of a vibrant network of young media makers.
Application that will be taken in account should include:
- A motivation letter (max. 500 words)
- Short communication and dissemination strategy for the YouthMetre project (www.youthmetre.eu, max. 1A4 page)
- A CV including two references (max. two A4 pages)
Please note that we will only consider applications written in English. Any questions about the position can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com (Subject: Application Communication Officer for YM project) until February 13, 2017 at 23:59 CET. Applications submitted later will not be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an online interview. All applicants will be notified of the selection results.