Deadline: September 20, 2019
The European Youth Press (EYP), network of young media makers, is seeking minimum one (1) and a maximum of five (5) new members to join the Executive Board for the 2019/2021-mandate period. The elections will take place at the General Assembly of the European Youth Press on 19–20 October 2019 in Brussels, Belgium.
The board membership is honorary and home-based. Each board member takes on several key responsibilities of the organisation, in consultation with his/her fellow board members, the member organisations of the EYP and the secretariat. The board members are responsible for taking and implementing all major decisions within the organisation, supervising tasks and stepping in as project coordinators of some of the main projects of the EYP.
According to the statutes of the organisation, the board members must be under the age of 30 years when they commence their duties.
The ideal candidate:
- Is familiar with the structure and functions of the European Youth Press;
- Is interested or experienced in one or several following topics: Fundraising, Internal or External Communication, Administration;
- Has been previously a part of EYP projects;
- Has been an active member of one of the Member Organisations of the EYP;
- Has experience in project management;
- Has a background in media making;
- Has the possibility to dedicate at least 10–15 work-hours per week to the EYP;
- Has a very good working knowledge of English;
- Has good communication, team-management and organising skills;
- Is proactive;
- Has worked in multicultural and multilingual teams;
- Is available to travel at least three times per year, in order to attend EYP-related events, such as board meetings, conferences and trainings
Applications or nominations should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 20 September 2019 (23.59 CET), subject line: BOARD CANDIDATE.
Applications must include a CV and a brief cover letter, no longer than 1 A4 page. In addition, candidates should include a strategic plan for the European Youth Press based on a SWOT analysis. An endorsement letter from one of our member organisations is mandatory.
Interviews will be held by the Election Committee in October, in preparation for the General Assembly of the European Youth Press, which will be held on 19–20 October 2019.
Should you have any questions about what being a board member entails, please don’t hesitate to contact the current board coordinator Jonathan Hendrickx, email@example.com. Contact details can be found on our website, www.youthpress.org. For general questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.