European Youth Press – Network of Young Media Makers, e.V. (EYP) is seeking a highly motivated and experienced person to fill the position of fundraiser. When applicable, the candidate may also have project and office management responsibilities. The selected candidate will be requested to work full-time (8 hours per day) for EYP under the German employment contract at our secretariat in Berlin. The gross hourly salary is 8,84 EUR.
The fundraiser will be, under the guidance of the Executive Board, responsible for:
- Identifying and writing grant and project proposals;
- Actively looking for additional funding through sponsorships, advertisement, partnership with public and private institutions / organisations;
- Implementing and updating fundraising strategy for the European Youth Press;
- Developing new and imaginative fundraising activities;
- Developing and coordinating web-based fundraising;
- External representation at different events, organisations and political institutions in Berlin;
- External communication and support for Member Organisations of the EYP;
- Office management tasks – forwarding post and relevant e-mails from the office e-mail to the Executive Board, supervising fundraising intern.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in fundraising, preferably in NGOs at the European level;
- Experience in project management and administration;
- Basic knowledge of finances – budgeting and accounting;
- Experience in writing grant applications, ideally for EU grants;
- Excellent written and spoken command of English;
- Knowledge of German is an asset;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and be familiar with online communication;
- A strong interest in the media, prior experience in media making is desirable;
- At least a Bachelor degree.
The candidate should show flexibility, personal commitment and motivation in supporting activities organised by the EYP. Further, we wish for the candidate to be a team player and have experience in managing multicultural and multilingual teams. Acquaintance with the work of the EYP is desirable.
What we offer:
- Working experience in an international environment, in a small, young and efficient team, with flexible and independent work;
- A full-time position (8 hours per day) in Berlin on a basis of the German employment contract with gross hourly salary of 8,84 EUR;
- A minimum legal holiday leave of 20 working days per calendar year, which can be increased by an additional contractual holiday of 5 working days;
- The possibility to work independently and the opportunity to participate in some of European Youth Press’ events across Europe;
- The possibility to actively contribute to elaborating an organisational strategy;
- The possibility to be part of a vibrant network of young media makers.
Application that will be taken in account should include:
- A motivation letter (max. 500 words)
- A funding proposal that would fit within the mandate of EYP (max. 500 words)
- A CV including two references (max. two A4 pages)
Please note that we will only consider applications written in English. Any questions about the position can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com (Subject: Application Fundraiser) until February 13, 2016 at 23:59 CET. Applications submitted later will not be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an online interview. All applicants will be notified of the selection results.