The European Youth Press, together with its Member Organisations from Slovakia and Austria – European Dialogue and Jugendpresse Österreich – are looking for 10 participants (18-30 years old) from Germany and Austria to join Creative Media Space training course on 18 – 25 September 2017 in Modra, Slovakia.
Deadline for receiving applications is 31 July 2017, 23:59 CET.
Are you enthusiastic young media makers (student or recent graduate), working for non-governmental organisations focused on media, dealing with international projects and PR activities regarding media, or simply interested in media and would like to be involved in it? Then this call is for you!
About the project
The development of individual national societies as well as European one is largely related to the quality of individual media types. We, together with our partners, are aware of these facts and therefore we have the will to continually improve and look for new creative ways of professional balanced storytelling as well as to come up with new ideas for projects that will help to increase positive society awareness. The aim of the project is to meet with members, volunteers and sympathizers of partner organisations that deal with youth journalism and to jointly exchange the acquired experience and proven practices to make our work better and more efficient.
Participants of the youth exchange will:
- acquire a new knowledge of the topics on which it is important to open public dialogue and how they should be presented to the public.
- jointly evaluate appropriate writing styles as well as other media tools on the basis of mutual exchange of experiences from their countries and especially organizations,
- be more aware of different project grant schemes, which will enable them to participate in new interesting projects in the future
- expand the fundraising horizons that are very important for the running of each non-profit organization
- improve in the field of PR and marketing, which are an important part of the success of every organization, especially working in the media sector
The training course will take place in Modra – town that lies in the southwestern corner of Slovakia, approximately 25 kilometres from Bratislava, the capital. The participants will be accommodated in hotel “Penzión Club M.K.M.” situated in the historical centre of Modra. It´s really comfortable pension that offer a free using of swimming pool and sauna (http://www.clubmkm.sk/)
Accommodation, food and all materials to be used are fully covered by Erasmus+ Program and are taken care of by the European Dialogue.
Participants will receive reimbursement of their travel costs up to the amount indicated below according to their country of residence:
Germany – 170 EUR
Austria – 80 EUR
Tickets for travel from Vienna airport to Bratislava (or directly to Modra) and back are included in these amounts; separated tickets from Bratislava to Modra and back are not included in these amounts and will be reimbursed 100% or paid directly by organisers.
Although travel costs will be reimbursed, participants will be expected to make their own travel arrangements as soon as possible after being selected. Participants will be also expected to take the cheapest route from their place of residence to Bratislava and use following means of the transportation:
- Train: 2nd class ticket (normal as well as high-speed trains),
- Flight: return economy-class air ticket or a cheaper ticket,
Participants will receive info-pack with programme and all important and other useful information three weeks before the training.
Who can apply?
This call is open for:
- Young media makers (student or recent graduate), representatives of non-governmental organisations focused on media, people dealing with international projects and PR activities regarding media, people interested in media;
- Between 18-30 years old;
- Residents of Germany or Austria;
- Proficient in English.
How to apply?
Interested candidates are invited to apply by sending their CV and motivation letter (max. 1 page A4) ) in English via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Creative Media Space’ in the subject line.
Deadline for receiving complete applications is 31 July 2017, 23:59 CET.