Are you a skilled and creative video maker? And would you like to gain working experience in the centre of the biggest event for young people at the European Parliament in Strasbourg? Then we are looking for you!
The European Youth Press and the European Parliament are looking for 2 experienced video makers, who will create two videos on the EYE2018:
- A video compilation of comments by participants about the event and their ideas. This video will need to be 2 – 3 minutes maximum.
- 120′ of the EYE2018: non-official closing video about the EYE, up to 2 minutes long. There will be no limits for your creativity: you can use documentary or scripted narration, animations, etc. The videos created by the EYE2018 video team will be screened at the end of the event during the final plenary session (attended by approximately 2000 people) and published on channels of the European Parliament and the European Youth Press.
The final videos will be in English, subtitles might have to be added if some interviewees rather talk in German or French.
The third edition of the European Youth Event, the EYE2018, will take place in the European Parliament’s official seat in Strasbourg from 1 to 2 June 2018 and gather about 8.000 youths aged 16-30 years from all over the EU. They will be invited to meet with European decision-makers and speakers, exchange ideas and perspectives on youth-related issues and develop innovative solutions. At the same time the event will provide an opportunity to experience the rich cultural diversity within the European Union through the staging of various artistic performances.
The EYE 2018 will include a large variety of activities giving young Europeans an opportunity to make their voices heard. All activities will focus on five main themes:
- Young and Old: Keeping up with the digital revolution
- Rich and Poor: Calling for a fair share
- Apart and Together: Working out for a stronger Europe
- Safe and Dangerous: Staying alive in turbulent times
- Local and Global: Protecting our planet
For more information about the event, please check the EYE website.
Composition of the video team
Selected video makers will work as both cameramen and editors, and conduct interviews with EYE participants, speakers, and organisers. They will work together with the executive producer, who is a member of the European Youth Press.
Selected team members will get their travel costs reimbursed by the European Parliament (economy return flight ticket; 2nd class high-speed train ticket; 1st class normal train ticket; bus ticket). In addition to that they will receive 2 per diems for accommodation and food.
Professional selection criteria
The successful candidate should:
- Be able to identify and develop the key messages of the EYE2018.
- Be able to shoot and edit videos, but also conduct interviews.
- Have excellent English skills; knowledge of French and/or German is an asset.
- Have relevant educational background and professional journalistic or filmmaking experience.
Personal selection criteria
The successful candidate should:
- Have very good communication skills .
- Have a flexible, innovative, and creative.
- Be able to tell a story in a visual manner.
- Be committed to the work with a sense of duty and responsibility.
Applicants must be:
- EU residents or nationals.
- 18-30 years old.
- The selected video makers need to be available two weeks before the event for online preparatory meetings (dates tbc) and during the EYE2018 in Strasbourg on 31 May – 2 June 2018.
How to apply
- Send your CV (highlighting information about your previous professional experience on television or in (online) film/video making), a short motivation, and 2 links to your previous TV/film/video work to the following e-mail address: email@example.com. Please state what video equipment (camera, microphone, laptop, edit software, etc.) you are able to bring to Strasbourg.
- Respect the deadline for applications – Tuesday, 27 March 2018 at 12:00 CET.
- For questions you can contact Lotte Kamphuis: firstname.lastname@example.org.