The European Commission Joint Research Centre – the JRC – is looking for three trainees for the Press Office. The traineeships are located in Ispra (Italy), Petten (Netherlands) and Karlsruhe (Germany), where the JRC has laboratories and offices.
The trainees are responsible for the running of the media monitoring activity and assist with daily activities of the Press Office (journalist visits, press conferences etc.). The role of the trainee will consist, under supervision of the Traineeship Adviser, of:
- Adding sources to EMM (web addresses)
- compiling a list of keywords, topics, names to be monitored
- Further developing the JRC press search category in the Europe Media Monitor (EMM)
- monitoring online news articles and inserting missing articles in the system
- publishing the Daily Press Review
- Provide statistics on media coverage on specific topics/releases
- Managing the JRC’s journalist database
- University degree in a relevant topic such as journalism, English, communication or public relations or a scientific or informatics background with experience in media relations.
- Good oral communication skills, as well a problem solving attitude.
- Familiarity with office software, such as Microsoft Office, and use of word processors and spreadsheet software.
- Good level of spoken English (C1). Advantage:
- Understanding and practical application of media monitoring methodologies will be considered an asset
- Knowledge of how the media works and how a news story breaks are helpful.
These traineeships offer a great opportunity to gain experience in the EU environment and learn about how science contributes to EU policies.
Information and instructions for applicants on the openings are available on this website.