It’s pitching season! Are We Europe needs you to make their next issue, on the European elections in May 2019, bigger and bolder than ever. Send them your stories from all corners of Europe.
All selected contributions will be remunerated.
They are looking for:
- Profiles (500-750 words)
- AWE is compiling a list of young “movers and shakers” from across Europe (focusing on every country of the EU27+ neighbors)
- AWE is not looking for political candidates, but people who influence policy and public debate through other (sometimes even undemocratic/illiberal) means.
- Analytical think pieces (1000-1500 words)
- On an important electoral issue of your choice (e.g., financial tax, migration policy, energy transition, etc.)
- AWE wants you to identify a problem (e.g., if discussing financial tax, why does it matter, what’s at stake, what does it mean / to whom)
- Break down the problem, give them stats, break those down (AWE can work with you to create infographics)
- Suggest possible solutions
- The best pieces will be original, relevant, and make readers think.
- Infographics, maps, cartoons
- Be creative. AWE intends to make this a highly visual and actionable issue.
- Special Projects – podcasts, mini-docs and more (get in touch).
Pitch deadline: Monday February 18 (two weeks). The sooner you get in touch with us the better. We look forward to working with you. Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Read the whole brief in their call for submissions.