Ready to kick-start your travel photography career?
We’re looking for one aspiring travel photographer to go on an all-expenses-paid assignment to Morocco to capture the colorful nation’s people, culture and landscapes under the mentorship of world-renowned travel photographer, Richard I’Anson.
This Program is open to residents of any country that does not restrict promotion or participation in this scholarship, subject to approving any necessary visas, who must:
- be older than 18, or the age of majority in the relevant jurisdiction, by the application deadline to enter;
- have a valid passport by the application deadline with at least 8 months’ validity;
- be a resident of any country subject to approving a visa for Morocco; and be available to be in Morocco for 10 days between April 2-13, 2019.
How do I apply?
Application: To submit an application, you must, during the period specified in Clause 3:
- Visit the following page: https://www.worldnomads.com/create/scholarships/photography/2018/apply
- Upload and caption up to 5 images for your photo essay;
- Complete an application form which includes contact details; and then
- Include a personal essay (1,500-character maximum) on why you should be chosen and what the opportunity means to you
Shoot a 5 image photo story
Your brief is to tell a story from a place that you have visited through images (with accompanying captions to help contextualize each shot). A ‘place’ can literally be anywhere, from your backyard to somewhere you visited on your travels.
Write a winning essay
Tell us in 1,500 characters or less, what winning this photography scholarship would mean to you and why you are the best person for the assignment. In your essay tell us about yourself, your passion for photography, what motivates you and what your photography aspirations are. Paint a picture for us of the budding photographer behind the story.
You know the drill, fill in your personal details so we know how to contact you should you make the shortlist.