The International Center for Journalism at Freie Universität Berlin will offer its new course in October 2018, the European Journalism-Fellowships 2018-2019. The programme (October 2018 – July 2019) will enable participants to network with professional colleagues from Eastern and Western Europe and the United States and provide them with the opportunity to take a two-semester leave from their professional positions and spend a sabbatical year at the Freie Universität Berlin widening their knowledge while pursuing their research project.
Journalists interested in the programme should apply directly to the European Journalism-Fellowships Programme in Berlin.
To apply for fellowships, candidates must submit the following typewritten documents in either German or English:
- a completed application form
- a curriculum vitae
- copies of academic diplomas, certificates etc.
- 2 letters of recommendation (in English or German)
- a selection of articles, books, or other samples of applicant’s work
- proof of German language skills (by DAAD or Goethe-Institute)
- an exposé summarizing the applicant’s individual research project (3 to 5 pages)
- Applications via fax or e-mail cannot be accepted.
- We will be happy to answer any questions.
Closing date for applications: Februrary 28, 2018
The EJO Fellowship at European Journalism-Fellowships in Berlin
Since 2012 one fellowship annually is earmarked for a journalist who would like to become a temporary correspondent of the European Journalism Observatory (www.ejo-online.eu), observing in particular recent developments in journalism research in Germany, but also the rapidly changing landscape of journalism and media in Berlin.
The EJO-EJF Fellow receives a monthly stipend of 1.100 € for the duration of 10 months.
Closing date for applications: February 28, 2018
For more information and to apply for a fellowship, visit the official website.