Deadline: 10 august 2017
This year’s BIRN Summer School of Investigative Reporting will take place in Mlini, Croatia from August 20 until august 26, 2017.
The Summer School will bring together a superb line-up of journalists and trainers.
Participants will have opportunity to work in small group or one-on-one sessions with:
- The lead trainer will be Blake Morrison, investigative projects editor at Reuters in New York and lecturer at Columbia University, New York.
- Henk van Ess, one of the best experts for using social media for investigations.
- Martin Kaiser, Editor of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel who’s newsroom won Pulitzer Prizes in 2008, 2010 and 2011 and was honoured as a finalist six other times from 2003 through 2014.
- Miranda Patrucic, winner of many awards among which Knight International Award.
- Christiaan Triebert, who provides worldwide training in digital forensics on behalf of Bellingcat and has won the European Press Prize Innovation Award for 2017.
Please find full agenda at: http://birnsummerschool.org/agenda/
All participants will have the opportunity to research and develop their idea into a full story and win financial support from Investigative Fund during Summer School.
The course fee of 790 euros is all-inclusive, covering tuition, rooms and all meals. The fee also includes BIRN’s published textbook “Digging Deeper: A Guide for Investigative Journalists in the Balkans”.
For more information and to apply, please visit the official website.