Deadline: 5 March 2018
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. Democracy Reporting International promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide.
DRI is currently recruiting an intern (m/f) for its Berlin headquarters to support DRI’s work in Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region. You will support the MENA Team in the areas of project management, research and administration.
Support the MENA team in all aspects of project management, including administrative tasks;
Conduct research on current and political affairs in programme countries and the wider MENA region with a particular focus on elections, constitutions and democratisation issues;
Support the organisation and implementation of expert missions as well as workshops and DRI events in Berlin or in-country;
Contribute to writing and editing news stories, reports and briefing papers and translate documents;
Assist in maintaining project files, databases and other resources;
Other duties as required.
Qualifications we require:
- Academic background in law, political science, Middle Eastern Studies, other social sciences or related fields;
- Good communication and negotiation skills and ability to work as part of a culturally diverse team;
- IT skills and proficiency in main computer applications, i.e. Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Internet;
- Excellent English writing and communication skills;
- Arabic and/or French skills are a strong asset;
- Knowledge of the MENA region;
- Initial experience in project cycle management and research is an asset;
- Student status;
- Working permit for Germany in case you are a foreign student.
The internship is full time, starting 15 March 2018 for a duration of three months. Please bear in mind that you have to hold a student status throughout the entire duration of the internship. A monthly allowance of 400 € will be provided.
DRI values diversity and aims to be an equal opportunities employer. Moreover, DRI offers you an internship with flexible working hours and working in a multicultural team in the heart of Berlin.
If you are interested in this position, please send your application (cover letter and CV) to email@example.com. Please include “Intern MENA Team” in the subject line and refer to the source where you have found this opportunity.
The deadline for applications is 5 March 2018. The position may be filled before the end of the deadline so early applications are encouraged. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.