Deadline is 1st April
Are you excited about the opportunities that technology brings to the newsroom? Do you want to explore new storytelling formats, use data to uncover relevant stories or create engaging and inspiring content?
The GNI Fellowship offers paid summer placements to journalism, technology or design students who want to kick off their career in the news industry. Fellows gain relevant work experience, learn from experts and build lifelong contacts. In 2019 there are 40 fellowship placements available across 11 European countries: Austria, Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, the Netherlands, Sweden, Switzerland, UK and, for the first time, Poland.
We know why you should apply!
- Become part of the team in your chosen newsroom for 8 weeks between June and September 2019.
- Invitation to a unique one-day Bootcamp in Brussels to learn new skills and connect with other fellows.
- Fellows are remunerated by their host organisation for their work and to help cover expenses during the fellowship. The exact amount will be at the discretion of the news organisation and will be up to €5,000.
- Receive guidance and advice from the European Journalism Centre during the entire fellowship.
Timeline & important dates
- 1st April: Deadline to submit your application via https://journalismfellowships.eu
- April-May: News organisations review applications and contact the successful candidate.
- Early June: All fellows participate in a one-day Bootcamp in Brussels.
- Between June and September (8 weeks): Fellows join their host organisations.
Participating newsrooms range from big dailies like The Guardian, Gazeta Wyborcza or de Volkskrant, to public broadcasters like the Finnish YLE, fact-checking organisations like TheJournal.ie, to magazines and local or regional news organisations. Find all the participating newsrooms here: https://journalismfellowships.eu
Application & eligibility
1. Visit https://journalismfellowships.eu to decide which newsroom is suitable for you based on your interests and skills.
2. Submit your application via the online form including your CV, work samples, references and motivation.
3. Keep in mind – to be eligible you must be at least 18 years old and enrolled in an accredited higher education institution in the same country as the newsroom of your choice.
Do you have any questions?
Reach out to: email@example.com