Deadline: not mentioned, ASAP.
Reuters is looking for a Russia&CIS bureau chief to run coverage of Russia and its near neighbors, including Ukraine and central Asia.
The job requires a candidate with a nuanced understanding of Russia’s political, economic and corporate landscape and the ability to organize a large team of reporters.
The successful candidate will have a keen understanding of corporate and financial news and a proven ability to generate great ideas and to edit and write with comfort and authority across the file.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Exceptional news judgment. You will be able to break news and be ultra-competitive on complex, fast-moving breaking news even as you drive insightful enterprise journalism.
- A proven ability to lead from the front. Able to set priorities in a busy coverage agenda and to lead a large team.
- Sound understanding of reader and client needs across all financial asset classes.
- Proven ability to generate great ideas and to edit and write with comfort and authority across the file.
- An ability to work closely with visuals colleagues.
- Proven leadership and mentoring skills. We want someone with a gift for inspiring excellent work from a team and for identifying and nurturing talent.
- A track record of working collaboratively with editors and reporters in different locations.
- A deep knowledge of the Russian story and an understanding of the key players and issues.
- A keen understanding of and interest in corporate and financial news.
- Diplomatic skills.
- Fluent Russian is essential.
Additional languages will be an advantage.
There is no deadline mention in the official call. For the application submission please visit the official webpage.