Deadline: 15 October, 2019
The EU Prize for Journalism recognizes the work of journalists who have demonstrated integrity and professionalism in Georgia.
Entries can be submitted for one of the following categories: story in print or online media; feature story in broadcast or online media; innovative and original piece of work in print, broadcast or online media; investigative story in print, online or broadcast media; online or print blog; documentary photo; and conflict-sensitive journalistic work (the EUMM Special Prize for Peace Journalism).
Works must have been published, broadcast or posted between November 2, 2018 and October 15, 2019. Entries must be in Georgian, Russian or English. Entries for the EUMM Special Prize for the Peace Journalism category may also be submitted in Abkhaz and Ossetian.
The winner of each category will receive EUR 1,250. The winner of the EUMM Special Prize for Peace Journalism will receive a monthlong fellowship at the London office of the Institute for War & Peace Reporting.
The 2019 EU Prize for Journalism will be awarded in 7 categories:
- Best story in print or online media;
- Best feature story in broadcast or online media;
- Best investigative story in print, online, or broadcast media;
- Best online or print blog, opinion or column in print, online or broadcast media;
- The most innovative and original piece of work in print, broadcast or online media;
- Best documentary photo reflecting EU values;
- Best conflict-sensitive journalistic work contributing to confidence-building and peace in the context of armed conflicts in Georgia, displaying high standards of journalistic ethics and professionalism (The EUMM Special Prize for Peace Journalism).
The winners of the first six categories will receive the equivalent of 1,250 Euros each in the national currency. The winner of the EUMM Special Prize for Peace Journalism will receive a one month fellowship with the Institute of War and Peace Reporting in London.
The deadline for submission of all entries is 15 October 2019.
The application form, rules and submission guidelines are available at www.euprizejournalism.eu.