Journalismfund.eu provides research grants for European teams of journalists with a good idea for a cross-border investigation. The next deadline to submit an application for a grant is 1st September 2017.
Political decisions are made across borders. Business and trade go across borders. Criminals establish networks to run their activities in various countries. If journalists want to match this power, cross-border cooperation is one of the tools. For research as well as for publication.
Journalismfund.eu supports teams of journalists from several countries working out of each of their country on a common story thus compiling multiple research competences and safeguarding publication to various audiences. Publication to multiple audiences and in several countries is considered important in order to address the various European audiences and achieve impact for the journalistic stories.
The support takes the form of grants to teams of journalists. They must demonstrate that their project is unusually costly or time-consuming in such a way that the normal support of editors or publishers is not sufficient for the project to be realised. The projects must exceed regular reporting, daily journalism or correspondence. The subject or theme must be European or have a cross-border perspective.
Who can apply
· Journalismfund.eu supports journalists living in a Council of Europe country (geographical Europe). When relevant for the story, team members from elsewhere can be accepted, too.
· Applicants must be working as professional journalists.
· Only natural persons are eligible.
· Students are not eligible.
· Journalists who were previously allocated a Journalismfund.eu working grant can reapply, but the jury will include the result of previous working grants in their evaluation of the new application.
We have two open calls coming up this year.
· Friday 1st September 2017
· Wednesday 15th November 2017
You can apply here: http://www.journalismfund.eu/apply
We offer special pre-application advice to applicants who are unfamiliar or inexperienced with the Journalismfund.eu working grant programme. Applicants can book a time slot on the 8th or 15th of August. Go to: http://bit.ly/2tttTfu