CALL FOR EDITORIAL BOARD MEMBERS
For online information campaign dedicated to promoting the role of youth work in preventing violent extremism of youth
Goal of the campaign:
- to create a community of young people and youth workers who are motivated to discuss and act on the issue of prevention of violent radicalisation of youth and acts of violent extremism, from the perspective of youth clubs and of youth work;
- to put the issue of youth work in preventing violent radicalisation of youth on the agenda of youth organisations and of a wider public.
The main editorial meeting will take place in Dublin, Ireland, where the team will decide on roles and responsibilities, production calendar and will have the time to consider the different functions of the platform. The main working meeting will take place in Dublin, Ireland, from the 03/05/2017 to the 06/05/2017, with travelling days 02/05/2017 and 07/05/2017. If you wish to apply to this call, make sure you are available to travel on these dates!
The role of the editors will be to:
- develop, edit and keep uptodate an online information platform supporting the distribution of materials related to yoth work dealing with violent radicalisation of young people
- manage relationships with other outside authors, designers, copy editors and other publishers;
- coordinate production schedules and ensure deadlines are met
- proofread and edit the Campaign’s public documents
- edit and coordinate production of monthly newsletters
- update and maintain the Campaign’s social media tools
- update the campaign website regularly
Profile of the candidates for this call:
- Youth workers or youth leaders (employees or volunteers) active with young people in the framework of open youth work associations, groups and projects, whether they are member of the European Confederation of Youth Clubs (ECYC) or not
- Educators and project leaders, in a broad sense of the term, i.e. carrying out open youth work educational activities with young people;
- Motivated to work and to develop collaborative European multiparty projects that develop the Human Rights perspective;
- Interested in developing their competence in the themes of youth work preventing youth radicalisation;
- Resident in one of the 48 European countries;
- Aged between 18 and 30;
- Able to work in English.
All candidates must apply using the enclosed application form (please type, no handwriting!).
Applications should be sent to ECYC’s Secretary General Rares Craiut by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 15th of February at 12:00 CET.
Before filling in your application, please have a look at the “Practical information” below to make sure that you agree and are comfortable with the practical terms and conditions for the training course.
- Accommodation and meals will be provided and paid for. Trainers may need to share rooms.
- Travel costs will be reimbursed in full. Participants MUST follow the travel rules outlined by the Council of Europe regarding type of travel, tickets and so on. Failure to follow these guidelines will lead to the travel reimbursement NOT being paid to the participant(s). Travel expenses and visa fees are reimbursed (on presentation of the relevant receipts) according to the rules of the Council of Europe. Trainers are asked to use the cheapest transportation possible. Please do not book your flights until your participation has been confirmed!! Also please consult the ECYC Secretariat before making travel arrangements.
- Participants requiring a visa should be in contact with the ECYC secretariat as soon as possible. The cost of the visa will be reimbursed upon presentation of a receipt. Agency fee or visa service fee will not be reimbursed! If the participant has to travel to get the visa the cost of the travel is not automatically reimbursed.
***Closing date for enrolments: 15th of February 2017***
Application forms to be sent to ECYC’s Secretary General Rares Craiut with the subject
“INTERNATIONAL TRAINING ON YOUTH WORK FOR THE PREVENTION OF VIOLENT
EXTREMISM OF YOUTH” by email at email@example.com