Deadline: 10 February 2017
Telegraph Media Group is currently recruiting for the position of Brussels Correspondent. As the Brussels Correspondent, you will play a key role in the Telegraph’s coverage of Brexit, the EU and Europe.
You will work principally from Brussels and Strasbourg, overseen by the foreign desk but keeping close contact with the Home News Editor.
Key to success in this high-profile role will be the strength of your contacts, and the relationships you will build with the foreign, news and parliamentary desks.
Based in Europe, you will be uniquely placed to cover non-political stories in the region, at the discretion of the foreign desk. To this end, a readiness to travel at short notice will be expected.
Your remit will cover both breaking news stories and relevant longer form pieces, including comment and features when required. You will need to exhibit a flexible approach to effectively react to the demands of a 24/7 online news environment.
You will focus on digital storytelling and be confident with the use of analytics and social media to develop and retain an online audience.
Specific requirements / skills
- Significant journalistic experience of writing and editing for a newspaper or website.
- Deep knowledge of and curiosity about the EU and Europe.
- Proven ability in filing clean copy to strict deadlines.
- Proven track record of breaking exclusive stories related to the EU and Brexit.
- Interest in and knowledge of multimedia storytelling.
- Experienced in both breaking news and working on longer pieces, projects, comments and features.
- Ability to keep calm under pressure and work autonomously in a remote location.
For more information and to apply, click here.