The European Youth Press (EYP), network of young media makers, is seeking minimum one (1) and maximum three (3) new members as well as a Treasurer to join the Executive Board for the 2019/2021 mandate period. The elections will take place at the General Assembly of the European Youth Press on 17–18 November 2018 in Berlin, Germany.
The board membership is honorary and home-based. Each Board member takes on several key responsibilities of the organisation, in consultation with his/her fellow Board Members, the member organisations of the EYP and the Secretariat. The Board Members are responsible for taking and implementing all major decisions within the organisation, supervising tasks and stepping in as project coordinators of some of the main projects of the EYP. Specifically, the treasurer is responsible for supervising of: finances and accounting, submitting tax declarations, writing of strategic grant applications, work of bookkeeper.
According to the statutes of the organisation, the Board members must be under the age of 30 years when they commence their duties.
The ideal candidate:
- Is familiar with structure and functions of the European Youth Press;
- Has been previously a part of EYP projects;
- Has been an active member of one of the Member Organisations of the EYP;
- Has experience in project management;
- Has a background in media making;
- Has the possibility to dedicate at least 10–15 work-hours per week to the EYP;
- Has a very good working knowledge of English;
- Has good communication, team-management and organising skills;
- Is proactive;
- Has worked in multicultural and multilingual teams;
- Is available to travel at least three times per year, in order to attend EYP-related events, such as board meetings, conferences and trainings;
- Treasurer has experiences in accounting and financial management, at least basic knowledge of German is desirable.
Applications must include a CV and a brief cover letter, no longer than one A4 page. In addition, candidates should include a strategic plan for the European Youth Press based on a SWOT analysis. An endorsement letter from one of our member organisations is mandatory. The letter of endorsement is a document with which the member organisation vouches for the candidate.
Candidates applying for the treasurer position will receive an additional appropriate assignment after sending in their application.
Applications or nominations should be sent to email@example.com by Sunday, 21th of October 2018 (23:59 CET), subject line: BOARD CANDIDATE.
If you have any questions about what being a board member entails, please don’t hesitate to contact the current Board coordinator Ajala Carvalho, at firstname.lastname@example.org.