Will you be the one that will take a lead and the rest will follow? Will your ideas change the way media are REpresenting migration issues and challenge politicians WHO manipulate people’s fears and use hate speech? Apply now and participate in “Voice4Migrants” strategic planning workshop in which you will create a work plan for an international group consisting of members from at least 7 different countries.
You will represent your country and engage in a highly participatory learning process. Be prepared to expand your horizons, apply your skills, knowledge and witness how your ideas grow and bring social change. EYP will select 5 young media makers who will have this once in a lifetime opportunity! Outstanding professionals from diverse fields will review your applications and decide who demonstrates the greatest potential to bring about change and has a motivation to be the inspiration for the positive change that our divided world needs.
The deadline to apply is 15th of July.
More information about the project:
The aim of “Voice4Migrants” is to foster dialogue on policies of migrant integration and the reception of refugees across European countries, and to enable European citizens to develop counter-narratives to hate speech. What is more, it will provide migrants with the opportunity to share their experiences of integration polices with the public.
This Creative Workshop, however, is not the only event that “Voice4Migrants” implements: there will be also a workshop in Hungary and a training course in Spain, as well as 2 more events focused on evaluation and dissemination of results in Lithuania. Hence the journey for you won’t stop here!
Be ready to travel with us around Europe and gain unique experience that you will never forget.
If you are:
- working as a professional journalist who wants to boost their career and portfolio by building excellent contacts with journalists, politicians, online influencers and broadcasters, internationally;
- a student of journalism who hasn’t yet had the opportunity to demonstrate your talents and creativity to the rest of the world and wants to gain experience in the field of human rights;
- a communication specialist who wants to promote issues that matter and help the world understand more about vulnerable groups and break out of stereotypes, making full use of a wide range of media including print, broadcast, online and social media activity;
- a campaigner who is tired of working for things that don’t matter, do not contribute to positive change enough and wants to try something new as well as be part of something bigger by developing imaginative and effective campaign strategies;
- an activist who is interested in advocating for human rights and wants to fight against injustice;
- an academic who has published scientific articles, made surveys and research on migration representation in media and wants to share the results and knowledge to broader audiences to ensure it can be used to bring about positive change;
- an experienced trainer, facilitator, who has experience working with big international groups and specialises in Human Rights Education;
- citizen of or resident in Germany;
please don’t wait and apply now for the Workshop “Voice4Migrants”! It will take place in beautiful Antaliepte, Lithuania on the following dates: 15 – 17 September 2018.
The Workshop will be divided in 4 different groups. See the categories below and decide which most fits your skills, talents and expectations. Please note that you may only apply to one of the following groups (you can find more information in the application form):
1. Traveling exhibition of non stereotypical headlines
2. Project communication campaign
3. Migrant Library in the parliaments
4. Plan of working with media as a target group
- National Institute for Social Integration, Lithuania
- European Youth Press -Network of Young Media Makers EV, Germany
- United Societies of Balkans, Greece
- Szubjektív Értékek Alapítvány, Hungary
- UNITED for Intercultural Action Network, Netherlands
- Associazione Trepuntozero, Italy
- Agenzia di promozione integrate per I cittadini in Europa- APICE, Italy
- O.S. Racismo Gipuzkoa, Spain
- Dates: 15 – 17 September 2018
- Place: Antaliepte, Lithuania
- Number of Participants: 40 (5 participants from each of project partners)
- Costs: Organiser (NISI Lithuania) will provide you with accommodation, meals and travel expenses but be aware that the contribution to travel costs has certain limits
To apply please choose only one of the workshops that you prefer to be a part of, complete and submit this application form, and send your CV (preferably in Europass format) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 July 2018.
The call is adressed to all EU countries, but please note that priority will be given to participants from Lithuania, Greece, Hungary, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Belgium, and Germany.
If you have any questions or inquiries, please do not hesitate to get in touch by emailing email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This invitation is a part of the project “Voice4Migrants”, funded by “Europe for Citizens” programme.